Every week we highlight a member in our Community Recipes and this week we’re highlighting 3 Ways To Do Taco Tuesday with @justpostedblog, @_malika_yasmin_, and @poeticpinup. Don’t forget that we are always on the lookout for recipes — so post using #brandlesslife!
The easiest part about Taco Tuesday is getting all of the basics from Brandless. We’re sharing your Brandless taco shopping list, and other fresh ingredients our community members uses to make Taco Tuesday their own.
Step 1 – Buy the Basics
Step 2 – Pick your Favorite Salsa:
- Brandless Organic Medium Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- Brandless Organic Medium Thick & Chunky Salsa
- Brandless Organic Mild Thick & Chunky Salsa
- Brandless Organic Hot Pineapple Jalapeño Salsa
Step 3 – Taco Night Add-ons:
We’ve bundled all the basics for Brandless Organic Taco Night Kit! See below for how our community puts their Taco Tuesday’s together.
- Heat up the black beans and cook your choice of taco meat
- Prepare the ground beef with taco seasoning
- Put your taco shells in the oven to 350 degrees for 5 minutes
- Add all the fixins to your warmed up blue corn taco shells
- Top with lettuce and shredded cheese and enjoy!
- Don’t forget to pour out that Black Bean & Corn Salsa for topping & dipping
Kid-friendly Tip: “The salsa is great for kids because it wasn’t too spicy!”
- Boil the Green Lentils for 30 minutes and then drain.
- Sauté lentils and mushrooms and add in your spices.
- Add fresh: Slice up some cabbage, kale, onions, and add on top.
- Add a little bit of sweetness with chopped up mango.
- Mix it up with a squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt.
Verdict: “Raise your hand if you love Tacos 🙋🏾♀️??? Say no more…… vegan/non-gmo/organic corn flour tacos are 💣💣💣. ”
- Brandless Organic Blue Corn Taco Shells
- 3 tablespoons Brandless Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Spices of your choice: ½ teaspoon of Organic Chili Powder & Organic Ground Black Pepper
- Brandless Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Your protein of choice grilled: 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- Charred @imperfectproduce corn and three kinds of homegrown tomatoes
- Add fresh: Chopped lettuce and Shredded cheese
- Combine olive oil and spices in a small bowl; stir well
- Brush oil mixture evenly over tilapia fillets
- Heat a large nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat (Grease with cooking spray)
- Grill fish 4 minutes per side until it flakes easily with a fork
- Stuff your spicy fish into your Blue Corn Taco Shells and top with lettuce and cheese
- Mix corn with cut up tomatoes as a delicious side you can also add to the top of your tacos
Grilling Tip: “The best advice I can offer for grilling tilapia is to use a silicone grill mat. All the grill flavor, none of soul-crushing torment that is trying to pry a stubborn filet from a surface it wants to bond with for all the eternities.”