With this recipe, I wanted to go simple, but to also incorporate the ingredients that we all know and love in our favorite burritos. I was able to find all the pantry ingredients that I needed for these burrito bowls on Brandless.com, and simply added the fresh ingredients from my fridge.
What makes this recipe so easy is that while the quinoa is cooking, you can put together the seasoned black beans (I absolutely love the Brandless Organic Taco Seasoning), the pico de Gallo, and the guacamole. Each component takes less than five minutes to assemble, and what you’re left with is an impressive burrito bowl.
Last, but not least, this recipe can easily be doubled. I made two servings for my husband and I, which we completely loved. If you’re a fan of Mexican food like we are, then this will definitely satisfy you. It makes the best at-home burrito bowl we’ve had since our trip to Mexico.
- 2/3 cup Brandless Organic Quinoa
- ¾ teaspoon Brandless Organic Garlic Salt
- ½ teaspoon Brandless Organic Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup plummy tomatoes
- half of a medium red onion
- 2 limes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 can Brandless Organic Black Beans
- 1½ teaspoons Brandless Organic Taco Seasoning
- 2 Brandless Organic Blue Corn Taco Shells
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- A scoop of vegan sour cream
(Feel free to add cheese too if you’d like!)
Shop all Brandless products featured in this recipe.
- In a saucepan, add the dry quinoa and 1 ⅓ cups of water according to the instructions on the bag with ¼ teaspoon of the garlic salt and ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper. This should make about 2 cups of cooked quinoa.
- While the quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl mix the tomato, onion, ¼ teaspoon of the garlic salt, ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper, and the juice of 1 lime together to make the pico de Gallo. Set aside to marinate.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the black beans on medium heat with 1 teaspoon of the taco seasoning and ¼ teaspoon garlic salt. Stir until incorporated into the black beans, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocado with ½ teaspoon of the taco seasoning, ¼ teaspoon of the garlic salt, and the juice of one lime. Mash until thoroughly combined to make the guacamole.
- When the quinoa is finished, fluffed with a fork, and has cooled, assemble all the ingredients in a bowl. To add the taco shell, you can stuff some of the ingredients in to make a taco on the side, or break it into chips and use it to scoop the guacamole and vegan sour cream. Mix together and enjoy!