We’re excited to introduce Community Recipes, where we’ll regularly feature Brandless community members. This week we’re featuring Sóley Þorsteinsdóttir from Montclair, New Jersey. You can find her on @thewanderingknife on Instagram. Her feed is FAB.
Sóley shares why our Organic Gigli Pasta (described on the Brandless site as little horns with fancy ruffled edges) should be the star of your next pasta dish.
“I knew all the pasta shapes until I got this gigli pasta from @brandlesslife. Trofie pasta was my favorite type until working with these guys. The sauce sticks really well because of the ridges in the gigli shape as well as the curl itself.
What exotic 🍝 shapes inspire your 🍳 🥘 ?”
- 1 bag of Brandless Organic Gigli Pasta
- 7 ounces pesto
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 few sprigs of basil for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt, if desired.
- Add pasta and stir until water returns to a boil.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for 8-9 minutes or until desired firmness.
- Strain and add the pesto and feta.
- Stir and place in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle walnuts and basil on top.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
“Pesto pasta with crumbled feta was our absolute favorite dish as kids! We always had it with a huge salad on the side, and ate it all with chopsticks cause we thought it was fun!! 🥢🍝🌱🥗🤷♀️
What are some of your favorite childhood foods??” — Soley