Every week we highlight a member in our Community Recipes — and this week we’re excited to add another easy weeknight meal from @sustenance_m.d of Yonkers, NY.
There is nothing quite like pizza night. You’re cozy at home on your couch and have the itch for a warm tasty meal that pops into your head. Do you spend the money and wait for a pizza to arrive — OR do you go to your kitchen and make the homemade version, with a $3 bag of Brandless Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix for 2 pizzas?
We prefer the latter and absolutely love seeing how our community puts their own spin on our Gluten Free (delicious) Pizza Crust. How are you topping yours? Comment below to share with our community.
And if you haven’t tried our gluten free pizza yet, here’s a play by play on How to Make Our Gluten Free Pizza Mix. Our version is a little different to work with, with a similar consistency to cake batter. Watch our handy video for the super-simple instructions. Enjoy!🍕🤗🍅😋🥒
- 1 cup of Brandless Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon Brandless Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brandless Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- 1/3 cup of your choice of sauce: Organic Arrabbiata Pasta Sauce or Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup of heirloom tomatoes (garden fresh if you have them!)
- 1/2 cup of black Ethiopian tomatoes
- 1 cup of kale
- ¼ cup of onion
- 1 medium radish
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 1 ripe jalapeño
- 1-2 cucumbers (for a fresh side)
- Place oven rack at lowest position and preheat oven to 450 F.
- Spray a 12-inch pizza pan or large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine mix, water, and oil in a mixing bowl.
- With electric mixer, beat for 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Spread the mixture on prepared pan to at least 12 inches wide and ¼ inch thick.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- While the pizza is baking, slice your vegetables for toppings.
- In a large saucepan or wok, sauté all of the sliced vegetables.
- When the crust is golden brown add your sauce and toppings.
- Cover the crust with the arrabbiata or basil sauce (based on spice-level preference).
- Sprinkle on your cheese on top of the sauce.
- Bake for another 8 or so minutes until the cheese is melted and the toppings are hot!
See how easy peasy Pizza-y that was! Adriana cut up some fresh cucumber slices for another fresh element to the dinner. Just don’t forget to have your pizza cutter and cheese grater on hand, so you’re ready to take on these slices of gluten free pizza heaven.
When you are planning on Throwing Your Own Just-Add-Fresh Pizza Party we know you’ll put your own spin on it, so don’t forget to share on social and tag @brandlesslife & #brandlesslife when you eat your next Brandless meal!
*Be sure to thoroughly review product labels for all ingredients including allergen statements.