Whether you are entertaining for a crowd or cooking for yourself, these meatballs are sure to please. I love how versatile they can be — you can skip the beef and sub for ground lamb or even ground turkey with the same tasty results. These meatballs are delicious on their own as a fun party appetizer, but they also pair well with your favorite pasta or spiralized veggie. The quinoa is completely optional – combined with the coconut flour, it makes a great substitute for traditional breadcrumbs.
- Brandless olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, finely diced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Brandless coconut flour
- ½ cup Brandless quinoa, cooked* (optional)
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon Brandless Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Brandless oregano
- ½ teaspoon Brandless red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon Brandless salt
- 2 15-ounce cans Brandless tomato sauce
For Serving (optional):
- Freshly chopped parsley and fresh oregano
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Lightly drizzle a large baking pan enameled cast iron pan with olive oil.
- Add all ingredients except for the tomato sauce to a large bowl. Using your hands, mix well to combine. Form the meat mixture into ¼ cup sized meatballs.
- Place meatballs in prepared baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Top meatballs with tomato sauce and continue baking for 10-15 more minutes until meatballs are cooked through and tomato sauce has thickened slightly. Garnish with fresh herbs and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- *To cook quinoa: Rinse quinoa thoroughly in a fine strainer. Combine 1 cup of water (or Brandless vegetable broth for extra flavor) and ½ cup Brandless quinoa in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy and tender. Makes about 1½ cups.