Pizza night just got a fancy upgrade! Brandless gluten free pizza crust mix comes together quickly with water and a little olive oil. Pizza crusts get layered with parmesan cheese, balsamic caramelized onions, sautéed Brussels sprouts, and crispy fried pancetta. Drizzle with homemade spicy honey. Easy as pie.
For the gluten free pizza crust:
- 1 package Brandless GF Pizza Crust
- 2 teaspoons Brandless extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups water, divided
For the topping*:
- 2 tablespoons Brandless olive oil, divided (plus more for brushing and drizzling)
- ½ pound pancetta, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, thinly shredded
- Brandless salt and Brandless ground black pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Brandless Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Brandless honey
- Brandless red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
*If you follow a gluten-free diet, make sure the toppings and ingredients you use are also gluten-free.
For Gluten Free Pizza Crust:
Makes 2 (12-inch) pizza crusts
For 1 pizza crust, you will need:
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Working in batches, make one pizza crust mix at a time. Combine pizza mix, water, and oil in a mixing bowl. With electric mixer (or a whisk), beat for 3 minutes on medium speed. Spread mixture on prepared pan to at least 12 inches wide and ¼ inch thick. Repeat with remaining mix.
- Bake 23-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- For the topping: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add pancetta and cook until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove pancetta from pan and set aside. Add the garlic to the same skillet and sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the shredded Brussels sprouts and cook until the leaves are tender, about 7-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add sliced onions; season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally until softened and golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and cook until the liquid is evaporated and absorbed into the onions, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add honey to a small bowl. Add red pepper flakes 1 teaspoon at a time, depending on your heat preference. Set aside.
- To assemble pizza: Lightly drizzle each pizza crust with olive oil. Top each pizza with 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese. Layer each pizza with the balsamic onions, Brussels sprouts, and pancetta. Top with remaining Parmesan. Bake pizzas for 5 to 10 minutes until toppings are warmed through and cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Drizzle with spicy honey and serve.