Ready to start cooking? Jump to the recipe.
Crisps are an easy, cozy dessert (or breakfast!) to put together in the colder seasons. This classic apple and oat crisp is one you’ll reach for all fall and winter long.
Apple and Oat Crisp
- About 2 1/2 lbs apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon organic unbleached wheat flour
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- Toss apples, flour and sugar together in a large bowl. Set aside for about 20 minutes, continuing to toss every so often while you prep the next steps.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 350° and combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon and salt in a stand-up mixer bowl.
- On low speed add the butter pieces until there are no more large chunks.
- Give the apples one last toss, and evenly layer them in a deep baking or casserole dish. Add the topping, packing down just slightly.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until you see bubbling on the sides. Allow to cool for about 45 minutes before serving. Enjoy with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream!