I’m Ksenia, founder of Breakfast Criminals, and in this video I share with you a little-known trick that changes everything and takes not just almond milk, but any milk to the next level of flavor. Just in time for the World Plant Milk Day on August 22. Happy not-milking!
- 1 pack of Brandless Raw Almonds (5.5 oz, approximately 1 ¼ cups)
- 1 pack of Brandless Organic Dried Mango (3 oz)
- 4 cups filtered water + more for soaking
- Cheesecloth or nut milk bag for straining the milk
- High-speed blender
- Cover almonds with filtered water in a bowl or a jar, soak for 4 hours.
- Add dried mangos to a bowl or a jar, add 4 cups filtered warm water and soak for 4 hours.
- Rinse the soaked almonds.
- Load the almonds into a high-speed blender.
- Strain the water the mangos had been soaking in into the blender. Set the mangos aside.
- Blend until creamy, about 60 seconds on high speed.
- Use a cheesecloth or a nut milk bag to strain the mango milk. You can discard the pulp, or use it in cookies or muffins.
- Your mango almond milk is ready! Some ideas on how to use it (I challenge you not to drink it at once!)
- Mango Almond Smoothie Ice Cubes: Reblend half of the milk with the rehydrated mango that you’ve set aside. Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze. Use it in smoothies to add creaminess and flavor.
- Turmeric Mango Milk: Reblend it with a date/maple syrup (optional additional sweetness) and turmeric. Turmeric is a superherb with a ton of health benefits, from digestion to reducing inflammation.
- Simple Chia Pudding: Whisk 1 cup of mango almond milk with ¼ cup chia seeds, let it soak in the fridge for 4 hours to overnight. Breakfast is ready! Serve it with chopped mango left from making the milk.