This dish is warming, ready in a few minutes, and the base only really needs 3 main ingredients. The addition of chia seeds help bind this porridge and will keep you fuller longer. As on ode to fall now upon us, I’ve spiked this dish with warming spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, then made it extra creamy with the addition of almond butter. But feel free to play around depending on your cravings.
Some great ideas for added flavor are:
- Vanilla & Cacao Powder
- Blueberries & Cardamom
- Protein Powder
- Egg white (for added protein)
- Coconut Butter
- Pumpkin Spice
- In a small saucepan combine your riced cauliflower, chia seeds, almond milk, and spices.
- Stir over medium heat until chia seeds start to become gelatin-like and the porridge becomes thick (around 4-6 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in your almond butter and vanilla. (There’s no particular reason I do this after, so if you'd prefer, you can add these in during the cooking process).
- Transfer to your favorite breakfast bowl and top with pecans, yogurt & banana.