Ready to start cooking? Jump to the recipe.
Like all good stews, you only need one pot to pull off this fulfilling stew that uses kale and chickpea as a base. Keep it vegetarian or opt to add some sausage for protein!
One-Pot Kale & Chickpea Stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion (minced)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (diced)
- 3 cups chopped kale (about 4 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- Thyme (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Chicken sausage (optional)
- Parmesan or Cheese Bites (optional)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and let cook until tender and fragrant. Add garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, pour in chick peas and let cook one to two minutes.Then add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and kale. Stir, reduce heat, and let cook until the kale is wilted, about 15 minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan or Brandless gouda cheese bites!